How to Make a Troll Cross
- Cut a 6” length of thick copper wire (I get mine at a True Value Hardware). Using a Medium size ballpein hammer draw out the ends to a small point.
- Heat up the full rod to red heat and quench immediately. This will re-soften the copper so it can be shaped.
- Bend the copper rod around the horn or in a bending fork.
- Twirl in the tips of the rod in using a set of curling pliers.
- Attach to a string, leather or chord and hang around your neck.
If you don’t have the means, skills or time to make one of your own but you still want one, then head over to my ETSY store and order one from me.
I know they’re not really Viking symbols, but they look cool.